Thursday, June 10, 2010

book chat - summer break edition

I'm taking a break for the summer. Well, sort of. First I need to read the new horse book by Jane Smiley. I'm actually looking forward to this one. I like Smiley a lot and this is her first middle grade fiction piece. And it's about horses!

And then I need to read the last two Percy Jackson books. I am so tired of this series. I just don't give a rat's ass anymore if Percy does or does not defeat Voldemort....sorry, Kronos. But, if you are an elementary school librarian you have to read all the Percy Jackson books to be respected. It's the only way to show kids you know your business. So, onward I read. (The only thing I'm getting from these books anymore is lots of neat name ideas. The next kid, cat, or warthog I'm in charge of naming is going to get something cool like Demeter. Demeter Bradfield. You heard it here first.)

So, after I read three more library books, I'm going to read something just for me. I haven't decided what it will be, but it will be grown up and wonderful.

And then it's back to the shelves so I can get started on the 2010-2011 Mark Twain Award Nominee Books!


No comments:

Post a Comment