Wednesday, June 13, 2012

mother brain




I have written things. And not published. I have thought things. And forgotten them. My new baby makes me so sleepy.

My therapist might ask, Nova are you doing ok? And I might say no, but it doesn't matter. Yes, but it can change. I can't remember who I am from one second to the next. Sad, then happy. Mad, then I can forgive. An Arm Full of Children can go from burden to joy in seconds. Back to pain, and a step to bliss.

Who cares about questions anyway? All I know is love. I have a sweet baby boy. And I love his peaceful face.

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully written. I have a four-month-old boy and a four-year-old daughter. We live in Kiev currently. Thank you for sharing your heart.

    http://itinerantyak.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this - so beautifully written. How I vividly recall those early days with my babes, stumbling through all that is, blissful and harried and grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stumbled across this blog and I'm sitting in a restaurant in tears from the last two posts. Thank you for so beautifully putting words to the innermost sacred parts of my heart... How life gets even more meaningful.

    ReplyDelete