Saturday, May 9, 2015

to my sweet boy on his third birthday



"Love that boy,
like a rabbit loves to run
I said I love that boy
like a rabbit loves to run
Love to call him in the morning
love to call him
"Hey there, son!"
from the poem, Love That Boy by Walter Dean Myers. I love this poem. To love a boy, is not hard. Not hard at all. 

A good friend and her new baby came to visit. Afterward, she reflected that Woody gave her son something to aspire to; to play with trains and jump off things. His two favorite things. Also fishing from the couch.

Woody's speech delights me. Sparse, but technical. Sometimes, mostly while riding in the car, he will ramble about what the cars are doing and what parts they have, ending with a Larry The Cable Guy-sounding, "See......I told 'ja."

He loves to listen to stories. He will listen to as many as I will read. We read The Little Engine That Could. "I BINK I can, I BINK I can."

Elwood, I love you just as you are. And I'm willing to see where this life is going to take us. Happy third birthday, Baby. 
Love,
Mom






No comments:

Post a Comment