Monday, December 13, 2010

Merry Christmas from ramona and her mother

We are 3 days from Winter Break! I am celebrating by sending out my Christmas Cards. By "Christmas Cards" I mean "this blog post".

This was Ramona and Santa last year:



This is Ramona and Santa this year:


If I were a meaner mom she would be on his lap, screaming. In this particular scene she is whimpering into my shoulder and clutching my arm tightly. She had some kind of Santa radar and would begin to tense up whenever she could sense his presence.
It's so weird to celebrate Christmas with such a little girl. It's like the lights are half on and some one's home part of the time. Last year we didn't bother. This year we are kind of bothering.


I made this video with Brian. I was originally going to play solo, but I sounded so bad I decided I really needed someone to smile at. I'm glad I invited him because we had such a happy fun time making bad music together.
To answer potential questions, yes, those are my pjamas and no, we don't live in a bunker.
We actually made this video for the Fifth Annual Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert. I think this performance might even be cooler than the year we did the Christmas Recorder Duets (I wish I had filmed those).

Enjoy the sneak peek.



Happy Christmas! War is Over! If you want it!


Love,

Nova












4 comments:

  1. Have I told you how amazingly awesome you are???!? This was great! I had NO clue you could play an insturnment! You've been keeping secrets Nova! Merry Christmas to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge fan of you as well. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for inviting me to take a peek at your Christmas blog. I enjoyed the talent, but in the wee hours of the morning, with no lights on other than the blinking Christmas tree, I read your story about the little song you remembered in high school and I cried like a baby -- thanks for sharing the memory. You're a great writer. Glad I had the opportunity to meet you at WE.

    ReplyDelete